Sunday 16 March 2008

Countdown

It's four /five days before the launch of my first single author collection and nine days before a local launch. So what have I done? And would I do it again? How many books to order? Will I sell any? We'll see!

Previous planning:

pdf files sent out for review - good so far.

Early March - contacted local radio stations. No certain outcome yet.

March - completed an interview by email with Ambrose Musiyiwa. http://conversationswithwriters.blogspot.com/
2008/03/interview-part-1-of-2-carol.html
and
http://conversationswithwriters.blogspot.com/
2008/03/interview-part-2-of-2-carol.html

7th March - interview by The Chorley Guardian with an assurance it will be published the week before the launch. (Hope what they say is good!) Colleagues at work persuaded me to put some make-up on before I was photographed.

12th March - made some business cards to advertise my book and book launch. Now to give them out....

20th & 21st March - online launch

25th March - local book launch at Lancashire College, Chorley with other members of Chorley & District Writers' Circle also reading and selling.

5th April - reading at Words Festival 2008 (Wigan). Network Event 10-12 noon and Hear the Word 2-4pm both at the Derby Room, Turnpike Centre, Leigh.

17th April - reading at Chorley Natural History Society's meeting.

18th May - book signing at RSPB Lytham St Annes (where I used to work).

No comments:

from the field book

from the field book
An inspiring gift for anyone who enjoys watching nature.