Wednesday 24 December 2008

Why I went for walk....

I decided that open cap mushrooms filled with blue Stilton and wrapped in Parma ham would be a simple, yet tasty, starter for the Christmas meal. I already had the Stilton so, since the males in our house were going into town, I asked them to come back with a dozen, small, open cap mushrooms and Parma ham, adding where they could find them. Simple.

They returned with Parmesan (pardon?) and couldn't-find-any-mushrooms-excuses.... But not to worry - I went to town and returned with both only to find that while I'd been out they'd eaten all the bl**** blue Stilton!

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for reading.

5 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

MEN!!!! At this time of the year, Carol, if they are not very careful, they outlive their usefulness. Good job we love 'em. Happy Christmas from the other side of the Pennines.

Pat Posner said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Carol. Are you going to stuff the mushrooms with Parmesan now?

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh that's a funny story,
Happy Christmas

Mistlethrush said...

I'm a great believer in letting people self correct so I gave the men an opportunity to go out and get some more Stilton - needless to say they did!
And the meal was very nice too...

Dave King said...

I wouldn't have missed that read for the world!

from the field book

from the field book
An inspiring gift for anyone who enjoys watching nature.