Monday 4 August 2008

Review by Carol Fenlon

I was really pleased to read this review of from the field book. It's written by Carol Fenlon, a writer for whom I have a lot of respect.

I never knew how little I know about birds till I read this book of poems. The poetry dances with movement, the movements of birds, light, airy, full of flights and dips, insights like flashes of wings and tail feathers. There are a few humans mixed in, but not enough to spoil this wonderful play of wildness and nature. Dip into it, drown in it, fly with it, 'from the field book' is a delight of avian (and alien) culture. [Carol Fenlon. August 2008]

2 comments:

Susan Richardson said...

Great review! Congratulations!

Mistlethrush said...

Thanks Susan.
I have to say I'm impressed with her style of writing - very fitting. (Or should that be flitting....)

from the field book

from the field book
An inspiring gift for anyone who enjoys watching nature.